Thursday, February 07, 2008

My New Project

I don't know if it's me or my children, but lately their behavior has not been the greatest. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm very outnumbered and Daddy is gone 3 days of the week every week. He's always been the stronger disciplinarian in our family.

While we were at the library on Tuesday, I got a couple of books on discipline. I was looking for Dr. Dobson's book about strong willed children (i.e. Julia) but it was checked out. But I did find some other things and so far the one I'm reading now is great. I haven't really started implementing anything because I want to read more first, but I'm excited about whipping my children into shape. (Should I clarify that I don't mean literally whipping them? Although that's what they make me want to do sometimes.) For the life of me, I don't know why I've never read a book on this subject before. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Dr. Dobson is awesome! You'll definately get a lot out his stuff! And it's "user friendly". Also try "Bringing up Boys". It has some great insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a nursing mom. I have lots of "sit on my rear and do something with one hand or less" time. =)

    ReplyDelete