Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Birthday Party!

Yesterday was the big Strawberry Shortcake birthday party for Julia and her friend, A. Big A (only meant to differentiate between the very little A and her mom) and I spent lots of time putting everything together and we had so much fun! We are very glad it's over though. =)

Thanks to everyone who came! I tried to get lots of pictures, but I still didn't get one of everyone who was there. I can't wait to see what pictures everyone else has!


Here are "the girls". I wish soooo badly that we could stay here and watch
them all grow up together! How much fun that would be!
They are all wearing the aprons that we gave as favors for the party.


Julia and A blowing out their birthday candles.
Julia gets 4 candles and A gets 3!



Lots of presents to open!



The great Strawberry Shortcake cake.
Would it be believable if I said that A and I made it ourselves?



We had a "berry hunt" outside. It felt like Easter time! Mostly there were
just strawberry candies to find, but there were some bigger things as well.
Here's Julia showing off her puzzle she found.





We let all the guests open their prize right before the birthday girls opened their presents. The girls got aprons and the boys got an archaeologist dinosaur egg thing.



A gave Julia an apron with her name on it for part of her present.
Now Julia has two aprons. Get to cooking, Julia!



Julia with her friend JD. Her eyes are closed but aren't they so cute?



Julia and F. They used to be enemies in the nursery - we never could figure out why. But now they get along great! Sometimes Julia even says F is her best friend. Girls!



Still opening presents....



A on her new bike!



The little girls just chillin'.


Hey, look! I'm actually at the party!
I gave the camera to John to take some pictures this year. =)
Now he's not in any pictures.....



Here's one of my favorite pictures. Why is this my favorite, you ask?
Because that's A's husband trying to pry into one of Julia's presents. Hahahaha!
She took it to him to try to open instead of us. Life is so great....

12 comments:

  1. You goofball! I still can't believe how much fun it was!!
    That's saying something if the mom enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did y'all really make that cake?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great party. I'm glad we could come. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might believe that you made the cake, but you included A on that project... I know she has never done such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a really fun party. You guys were so creative with the activities and decorations. The pics are so adorable.

    Unfortunatly the only thing I heard from F. on the way home was about her "Princess Party". She thinks it is taking way to long to get here. Now she's going to expect real princess's and maybe a carriage. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a great time and thanks for posting all the pictures of the girls! I will keep them for my A to look at later on!! Lots of A's in this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will never measure up. :)

    this is a beautiful party, la (and ang).

    i'm calling you when ellie turns 1. i'm gonna need help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey - can you email me those pics when you get a chance? I'm working on something and for some reason copying and pasting isn't providing quality resolution.
    Sorry to add to your busy-ness, but you'll love it - I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOu girls are amazing! That cake is fantastically wonderful. I bet the girls had so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this! i wanna have a party for my girl like this one day...if i ever have one!

    ya'll are setting the bar really high! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. where did you guys get the cake from? i love it! such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete