Tuesday, October 16, 2007

No More Cokes For John

I can laugh about it now, but over the last couple of days this has been no laughing matter. I thought we would have to lower the price of our house over it or put in new carpet, or at the very least, rearrange the furniture some bizzare way.

Friday night, after our relaxing dinner where John spilled his coke everywhere, there was another disaster. I didn't know about it until the next morning when I found wet towels overflowing out of the previously empty laundry basket. Hmmmmm. I knew something had happened. I just didn't know what.

Apparently, my husband cannot carry more than 3 things if one of them is a coke. He had his book, a small bag of goldfish crackers, his highlighter, and a glass of coke. According to him, the highlighter put him over the edge. It was just too much for him to carry all at once!

As he walked through the living room (which, in case you have not been to my house, is carpeted with an ivory colored berber carpet) and dropped his large glass of coke. He might as well have thrown his coke all over the living room - floors, walls, and all. It was awful. He did his best to clean it up, but it was there in all its glory. Brown and Big. An ugly looming mess in the house we are supposed to sell.

Stain Out Carpet Cleaners is my favorite new company as of this morning. They did a great job and you would never know what happened (in that spot or anywhere else). What's scary is they spray a chemical all over your floors before they start and it highlights all the stains. What had appeared to be relatively clean carpet was now covered in huge spots and stains everywhere. And they got every single one up. Oh happy day. They have the best rates too. I was skeptical since I've always used a company that costs a little more, but Stain Out was even better. 2 rooms for $46. Not bad.

So John is forgiven. He can stop sleeping on the couch now. Hahaha. Just kidding......

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the tip. My carpets are embarrasing right now. As of yesterday I vowed not to have anyone over until the carpet is cleaned.

    Of course it just so happens that my family is in town, so there is not a way to avoid guests.

    I'm glad you got the mess cleaned. So sorry about the high stress level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll have to wean him slowly to keep him alive. I think he has that instead of blood flowing through his veins... But I do think it is funny that he is danger of losing his 'coke priviledge'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should make him use one of Aulora's "Tommy Tippy" cups.

    ReplyDelete