Thursday, October 04, 2007

Where We Are

John's grandma, Granny, is not doing too well. She is 101 years old and has always been pretty healthy. Amazingly healthy, actually. She only went to a nursing home within the last couple of years. We got a call yesterday saying that there was a good chance she wouldn't make it past the night, so we packed it up and came over. We didn't get in until about 8:30 since we waited for John to finish his classes.

After one quick errand, we went straight to see her. She is skin and bones and very jaundiced. But do you know that she still requested her nightly dessert of vanilla ice cream from Braum's? She's so funny! Now, if it were me, I would want chocolate, but whatever. I made sure John David knew what I wanted him to bring me every night when I was old. I hope my kids take care of me as well as John's parents have taken care of Granny! I'm sure they will. =)

Anyway, she's still hanging on so I don't know how much longer we'll stay. We'll probably take advantage of our time here to go and check out John David's new school. Hopefully we'll be back home before he misses too much school there. And hopefully we'll get an offer on our house soon! There will be an open house on Sunday. You should all go and pressure the people who are looking. Make them think you're about to put in an offer and they need to hurry and put one in before you do. Like we did at the garage sale. hehehehe


1 comment:

  1. That worked really well for us at the garage sale. I was so surprised at how much our conversations effected the sales.

    Who knows. Maybe I should take a peek during the open house. I could talk about how nice it is. What a steal it is for the price. How well kept it is. It would all be true. :)

    ReplyDelete