Sunday, October 14, 2007

This Post Brought To You By Target and My Kids' Bellies

I was brave yesterday and took all three kids with me to Target. They had a couple of gift cards burning holes in their little pockets so off we went. Of course we had to get icees. You can't go to Target without getting an icee. They were being very well behaved drinking their treats as I looked at some things. They were talking and playing with each other but I wasn't really listening to what they were saying until it was too late.

One of them said, "Hey, let's give each other a belly high five!" But by the time I comprehended what had been said, Julia was flying back through the air and so was her icee. John David was standing there watching with his little eyes as big as they could be. She landed on the ground, shocked and bewildered, with icee all over her legs and feet.

I didn't laugh at that very moment but it was funny pretty soon. I only wish I had that moment on video. It was so great! And poor little Julia was trying to salvage her icee off of her pants. I think they learned their lesson that belly high fives just aren't a very good idea......

I really have no idea how to spell "icee". Of course my computer underlined it in red but has offered no better solutions. So, if you're totally annoyed that I spelled "icee" wrong during this entire post, I'm sorry. Feel free to comment on the correct way to spell it. =)

6 comments:

  1. I think you spelled it correctly. Icee. Looks right to be. I am rarely brave enough to take my 2 into a store anymore. If at all possible we do the 1-1 approach.

    Your a better woman than I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks right to me but who am i to say!

    I don't know about a belly high five but a belly laugh took this room over! oh my gosh! i'm belly laughing outloud and have a very vivid picture in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - this is reason #123 of why JD needs a little brother! ;) Boys don't fall down after a belly high five!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop laughing at this moment! Sounds like something me and my brother would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's awesome! i would have loved to see that. did she cry? precious baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me laugh so hard! I love your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete