Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Catching Up

Aulora started walking on Friday afternoon. Real walking. She had taken a teeny tiny 1/2" step before but nothing more. On Friday, she took off across the living room rug to go to Julia and the toys. It was so exciting! Even though she's #3, it was still amazing to watch those first little steps. She was smiling so big! I hollered for John, who happened to be home since it was a Friday. We spent the rest of the day trying to entice her to come across the room. I've yet to capture it on video. I'll try soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, John David and Julia's favorite new thing to play is "electric eel" or "giant squid". One of them will be the sea creature and the other one will try to capture it. They capture it by putting a big storage tub on its head. Often, Aulora is the electric eel. She never volunteered for this, but they decided it would be fun. I don't think she agrees. She doesn't like that tub on her head or being put inside of it - unless they push her around like it's a train. Then everything is fun again. I just can't help laughing when John David is the eel though. It's pretty comical to see him in the tub flailing his arms and legs (he's electric, remember), as Julia pushes him around.

They have really been playing together much better lately. It's fun to watch them be creative together. They are currently making Pudge (our dog) "soup" outside. They accomplish this by adding all kinds of outdoor things to his water bowl and then stirring it up. Poor Pudge. Good for him his days with us are numbered. My brother is coming to take him home to Austin. It's his dog anyway. I'll miss ol' Pudge though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We signed some papers for our house today. Not "the papers" to close, but the papers agreeing to the offer. We have a home inspection on Friday that I'm not looking forward to. I just keep thinking about how this house is 25 years old and that they might find some huge horrible thing wrong that we have to pay to get fixed. Yuck. On the other hand, if there was some humongous thing wrong, we would probably know about it, right. Yes, surely.

I'm to that stage now where most things I do could be "the last". I do that every year when it's nearing New Year's Day. I can't do a single thing without constantly thinking, "This is the last time blah blah blah." Mundane things. Like stopping at a particular stop sign or seeing a bush. My poor brain is so overloaded right now! We are:

  • Changing Jobs
  • Moving
  • Moving in with family
  • Having another baby
  • In the middle of birthday season for our kids! Party planning!
Just a little stressful is all I can say.

Whew.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

10 comments:

  1. * Moving closer to me.

    (You left that off the list. I know it was a mistake, so I fixed it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was listing stressful things. Hmmmm....maybe you're right. How did I forget moving closer to you? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what you're complaining about... I've got one birthday party to go to this weekend.
    Talk about stressful...

    If you need help with packing or anything let me know.
    Stress the word 'anything' in that last sentence and reread it.
    ok - love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to help in anyway possible. You have so much on your plate. Do not feel like you guys have to do it all yourselves. Do you have a moving team in place yet? A packing team. Seriously. We will help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate all offers to help pack. The problem is that it is so involved. Every single item has to be considered - going with us? storage for a long time? storage for a little while? take on the first trip? the second?

    Most of the time I find myself just standing in the middle of the room looking around. Pretty productive, huh? =) I'm taking the kids to their grandparents next Tuesday or Wednesday so I'll have the rest of the week to pack without them. John's in charge of "the moving team".

    I'm also a big glutton for punishment because I decided to list the nice things that didn't sell at JBF on ebay. So I took the time out to list about 30 auctions. It's worth it though. That's a lot of money!

    Anyway, I can't wait to see everyone tonight. That will be a great break! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once I helped a friend unpack. In one box, there was pots/pans, underwear, and towels. I quickly found an excuss to leave. Can you guess who that was?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My only guess would be Kablot, but I'm not sure. Do tell....=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wrong as in it's not you? Or wrong as in it is you, but we're mean to say it? Now I'm really curious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it was our crazy friend, Kablot. I don't know why she's denying it.

    ReplyDelete