Thursday, October 11, 2007

Trying to Make Up For No Posts

My lack of posting is irritating. I'm annoyed with myself. I have things to post but they all seem to take too much energy to put up. So the popular bullet points are back today......

  • My house is still for sale. Thinking about lowering the price. Not sure about it.
  • My house is still clean. Have you ever kept your house immaculate for 2+ weeks? This is a feat even for Martha Stewart, surely. I want to slop around for just one afternoon. Then I'll get back on it. Promise.
  • Took Aulora to the doctor about 3 weeks ago for shots. She picked up germs and has been sick ever since.
  • Finally took her back to the dreaded germ pit today. I must have told Julia 100 times not to touch anything so she wouldn't get sick. I'm sure all the other parents thought I was a snot or a total germ freak. But they don't know how yucky it is to have your 3 kids passing around the same cold for 3 weeks.
  • Aulora has an ear infection, a cold, a cough, and an eye infection that started yesterday.
  • John David just fed the dog chalk. I don't know why, but it was apparently very funny.
  • Granny is wearing a bathing suit while she's dancing with Jesus in heaven. That's what Julia says.
  • My house phone is dead. What's up with Suddenlink? Their new name should be Suddenstink. Anyone want to second that?
  • I made chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes for dinner last night. Even made a pumpkin pie for dessert. I think my husband likes me.
  • My gravy turned out good. Quite the accomplishment.
  • I'm on a never ending quest for brown dress shoes for my girls that don't cost $40+. I think this may be mission impossible. Whey do shoe makers think this is not an important thing for little girls? Dillards has some but they have yet to go on sale (which means I have yet to do more than drool in passing). Has anyone ever used Zappos.com? Tons of shoes and free shipping both ways. They have several cute brown shoes. Don't ask how much.
  • The roast in the oven smells soooo good. Is it time for dinner yet?
  • My kids are trying to get back in the house. When the door failed John David figured out they could go through the window. I need a better security system to keep them out.
  • For lunch I had a plate full of raw vegetables with some ranch dip. Aren't you proud? I really just wanted pie.
  • I think we finally conquered lice in our house. Those "slice bugs" are "very sneaky" and heaven help you if you ever get them. I wonder how long it will be before I stop checking Julia's head every time she scratches it.
  • Is there a reason why it's mid October and it's still almost 90 degrees?
  • A - I love your new kitchen and dining room. Next time I read your blog at 6:45 in the morning I'll leave a comment.
  • My kids are rioting in the kitchen. This post is officially over......

11 comments:

  1. It's about time!!!

    It's not like you have 3.5 kids or you have to keep house like a mad woman or anything!

    Seriously, I was happy to hear from you.

    Granny's wearing a swimsuit dancing with Jesus??? That Julia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you.

    If any person is capable of keeping their home immaculate, my money is on you.

    Good job with the carrots.

    What is the secret to keeping the breading on the steak for a good chicken fry?

    That must be how J. see's heaven, a great big water park.

    When we had a dog we had the same problem getting rid of fleas. We did everything. The task seemed impossible. Everytime we took him to get groomed he would get them again.

    Praying with you on the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back. Missed you. I order from Zappos.com all the time. I have skinny feet; the only thing that is skinny about this body. I've never been disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you're back. we missed you like crazy here.

    sorry about the house, and the suddenstink (i second that!). both of those dinners sound amazing and i think i'd probably kill for a slice of pumpkin pie right now.

    good job on getting rid of the lice. those are scary little boogers that i are a high-security risk in my job.

    i hope it cools down soon!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't undestand why no one has bought your house yet.
    _______________________________
    I understand keeping your house clean for weeks on end when, at a moment's notice, someone might be looking in every cabinet and closet. OY! I feel for ya!
    ________________________________
    I am that mother in the waiting room. Neurotic. Germ-aphobe. Makes every other mother nervous that you've gone Bubonic or something.
    I'm so sorry she's been sick.
    ________________________________
    Your kids crack me up!
    ________________________________
    Your nickname for suddenstink is much more 'christian' than mine. They do not intend to fix my problem. My phone number will likely change very soon.
    ________________________________
    I think your husband better like you. If I made chicken fried steak, it would be because someone implanteda microchip in my head. You're so perfect! Every thing is beginning to make sense now...
    Microchip in la's head??? Nah...
    _________________________________
    Brown dress shoes at Ross. The sizes are a gamble, but they do sometimes have very cute stuff...
    But if you're looking for boots, look elsewhere.
    __________________________________
    Roast for dinner? Microchip for sure.
    __________________________________
    I love it that you lock your kids out!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Note to self: if la does it, it can't be wrong...
    _________________________________
    For lunch I had ?
    Coffee. Leftover coffee. Tuesday coffee.
    But for between lunch and dinner I got some super fresh coffee at Wendy's house... MMMMMMMM.....
    Yes, I'm proud of your veggie eatin'
    __________________________________
    Stop talkin about lice already. My head has sores from people mentioning it...
    __________________________________
    I believe I win the comment war.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to have you back. i missed you. oh by the way, i never have been able to make good gravy that didn't come out of a package.
    no don't get me wrong it is not like i am a cook or anything. i just can't make gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you lock your kids out? cool...

    lice: my head itches now. bet ya wish the kids didn't have so much hair now... at least you can shave JD's hair real short. I'm not so sure that Julia would like it much.

    good luck on the selling of your home...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was wondering if u were back yet. we missed ya! i can't believe the house hasn't sold. it's beautiful.
    suddenlink-they shouldn't change their name, they should change their catchy tune, "suddenlink-we're disconnected!"
    hope aulora gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I personally think you do a great job blogging considering you have so much going on! I mean really, you do better than me...what is my reason for not blogging more..hummm...I do not have one!! We just love reading everything that is going on. And was Julia said what soo funny...too cute!

    Have a blessed day! I am cleaning and watching Frasier...thinking of you! :)

    ReplyDelete