Sunday, June 08, 2008

Bust

My swim suit shopping trip was mostly a bust. I went to Kohl's and they were just too picked over. I did come home with 2 top pieces and one set, but I'm going to take them all back. I just can't spend that kind of money on stuff I don't even like that much.

I decided during all that trying on process that I must tan my legs. My arms aren't a problem - they're already a nice shade, but my legs. Whoa, Nellie! I'm pretty sure my bottom half will look a million times better when sunglasses aren't a necessity to look at them.

So since I didn't get a swimming suit that I'm going to actually keep, Daddy took the oldest two swimming while I stayed at home with the two nappers. You'll pleased to know that I took advantage of that time to sit on a chair in the driveway with only my legs in the sun. I think they were too white for it to do any good though. The sun reflected off of my legs because they are so white. You think I'm kidding. Do you hear me laughing?

Mommy Rule: It is always risky business to take your children who are old enough to talk into dressing rooms with you. Trust me.

3 comments:

  1. You think YOUR legs are white? You should see MINE! Oh Nelli. You'd think I'm dead or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....the day after tax season ended was a firm holiday, so i went to the dentist, the gynecologist, and to the store to buy a swimsuit all on the same day. i figured, why spread the unpleasantness around? best to get it over with quick, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem. my co-workers laugh at me because i wear one of those "dress" kind... and i like that it almost goes up to my knees! ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete