Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Donuts

For anyone wondering how to make donuts, this is how we did it (and yes, I'm sure there are lots of ways to do this but this is the easy, no frills way we do it): You take a can of biscuit dough (we use Pillsbury Grands) and cut each biscuit into fourths. Shape them into balls and fry them in a cooking pan of oil until they are golden brown. Afterwards you can dip in honey, roll in powdered sugar, roll in cinnamon and sugar, make a glaze from powdered sugar and milk, or whatever else floats your boat. One can will make plenty for one round of donuts.

Be sure to call me when you make them so I can come over and test to see if you did a good job. I wouldn't want anyone to suffer through yucky donuts by themselves. =)

2 comments:

  1. geez. that IS a lot easier! We made chocolate cake donuts from scratch! I have an Amish receipe book. (the Amish are big in this area) It was good but lots of work!
    ...silly me ;P

    ReplyDelete