Sunday, June 15, 2008

I love you, Daddy

I only got to talk to my dad for a couple of minutes today. I was, of all things on father's day, at a birthday party at an arcade kind of place. It was so noisy and chaotic - not the best surroundings for a meaningful phone call. I told him I'd call later, but later never came as I was swallowed by the busyness that comes with four young kids, company, dinner, and bedtime. And even though he's an hour earlier than I am, when I was finally able to call, I was pretty sure he was sound asleep. I hope he didn't go to sleep thinking about how his little girl didn't call him back. She wanted to.

Dad, I know you're not perfect, but that doesn't bother me. It makes me love you more. You are so special to me and always will be. I love how you can make me laugh and I love how the littlest things can make you cry. I love it that I can depend on you still even though I'm almost 30 years old and have my own kids. You have been so supportive and generous. You are wonderful! We have lots of fun when we're together and I can't wait to come see you in a few weeks. Wish we could have been together on this Father's Day. I love you!!! Lala

2 comments:

  1. thank you baby girl! i love you too and like you, am extremely excited about our upcoming time together.

    by the way, i'm still working on the not so perfect parts of me. i'm finding it's a life-long project. :-(

    ReplyDelete