Monday, June 16, 2008

Living at the Pool

Whew! I just got back from the pool for the third time today! Two swimming lessons this morning and then a trip for fun this afternoon. I'm pooped.

John David went off a diving board for the first time today. It seems like every day the boy is doing something new for the first time. He's at an age where he can finally do so many more things. It's such fun to watch (and a little sad too). He went off the diving board over and over and over again. He had a blast!

Julia wore a life jacket and swam back and forth in the not so deep part most of the time. Every few feet she would wave to me and call out, "Mommy!" I would wave back to her and smile and clap. When she reached the end she would get out and run over to ask if she did good and if she was fast. So adorable.

They both enjoyed having their cousin with us too. He's 12 years old and is from Arkansas. He is going to go to camp with John David next week so he and his mom came in a week early to visit. John David hasn't stopped following him around. Poor guy!

We might go again tomorrow and take Aulora too. I just wasn't sure if I could handle both girls by myself today since the pool doesn't allow floaties, but since they had life jackets I think I can do it. So the house isn't quite so clean today and the laundry needs to be done and Aulora still has pigtails from yesterday, but we're busy making some memories. Who really cares? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment