Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just Be Glad These Blogs Don't Have a Scratch 'n' Sniff Feature

Monday evening John took the kids to the firework stand his brother is running. Before they left, he came back in the house to demand why ask if I had left a dirty diaper in the van. I told him I didn't think I had, but he was doubtful because of an intensely nasty smell aroma that was, well, quite overwhelming. I chalked it up to his being a man and figured even if I had left a diaper in the van, it wasn't that bad. Later that night he said they figured out that Julia had left her cup of milk in there and that was the source of the odor. Milk removed, problem solved - we thought.

Fast forward to Tuesday morning when it was time for swimming lessons. I opened the door to the van and almost fell over. That SMELL was so strong! I quickly discovered that the smell was not the milk after all but rather Julia's swimming towel from the day before. Apparently, a wet towel can get moldy smelling really quick when it's left in the sweltering heat of a locked up van during a Texas summer. I took it out, hoping the smell would follow. It didn't.

We used Febreeze. Smell still there. We rolled down windows and drove around and left them down overnight. Smell STILL there. Gross. Gross. Gross.

Church is in just a little while. If I am met by that aroma again I might just have to gag. Suggestions for getting rid of it? Baking soda or kitty litter maybe?

2 comments: