Monday, June 09, 2008

I still remember.....

.....when I was in first grade and my mom made homemade donuts for us. She made them more than just this one time, but for some reason, I specifically remember that night. We lived in Tempe, Arizona in a 2 bedroom apartment. I don't know think it was any special occasion which made the donuts even better! I happened to think about those donuts today and decided that my own children needed to have some.

After a quick dinner at McDonald's, (yes, we're so very healthy, I know) I led them all into Walmart and got what we needed. We made one batch already and I'm about to go make the rest. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! John David was quite impressed with my donut making skills. I have to admit - they are pretty good. Of course, I'm only eating them so I can make a memory with my kids. It has nothing to do with how they taste. Nothing at all.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great we were talking to M about her first day on this earth because of her birthday and A ask what about me. She thought that it was so funny that she missed up the play because she came early. She even had more fun when I told her that someone else had to wrap pillows around their belly to look pregnant. Since we were remembering I thought I would tell you. Since you were positive she was going to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - as for the swimsuit, trust me, go for the girly skirt and tankini that hides it all! If you get the right color & pattern, you can still be fashionable and presentable all at the same time! And remember, there are cameras on every cell phone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm. Donuts! Can I come? All for the sake of making memories...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making homemade donuts. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need this recipe. I've never made homemade donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummo! That sounds so fun and delicious! You're a cool mom! :)

    ReplyDelete