Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Quit

Ok, not really, BUT today has been one of those days that make a momma feel like resigning. I'm trying to think of an entertaining way to write all that's happened but, honestly, I'm just too stinkin' worn out! Here's a run down of the last day (keep in mind that I have been single parenting since Monday as Daddy's been gone for classes - his last week....YEA! - and the grandparents are gone for Sandy's shoulder surgery - it was today and it went good):

  • Since everyone else is gone, I got to take care of not just my children but the dogs as well. I got up at 6:30 to put them out. Then I fed Joshua. Then Aulora woke up and I got her a bottle of milk. Next I fed the dogs and put them out again. All the kids were asleep at this point but it was time to get dressed. I had to wake them up! Never mind "never wake a sleeping baby". We had a playdate!
  • The playdate was fun - no complaints on that one! It was wonderful company and the kids enjoyed getting out of the house. I'm sad my friend is moving in less than a month though. =( So I guess that's the gripe on this bullet.
  • I got the girls ready to go to ballet but somebody squealed or screamed - don't remember which - and it scared the poo out of poor little Joshua and he wouldn't stop hollering and crying for the next 25 minutes. It was too late for ballet by then.
  • I woke up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain - childbirth kind. That was fun.
  • At some point this morning, Julia went potty and forgot to lock the baby proof lock back to keep Aulora out of the bathroom (at least she went in the toilet, right?). I didn't know the door wasn't locked so I thought Aulora was just playing in their bedroom as I nursed Joshua to sleep. (I bet you can see where this is going.) I soon discovered that precious little child having quite a fun time in the potty. There was soggy toilet paper everywhere and she was sopping wet. I was not thrilled. If I had only had my camera to capture the look on her face as she was being corrected. She does not get a rebellious or defiant look at all when she's in trouble. She looks down in absolute shame. It's just so adorable it's hard to not squeeze her and laugh.
  • As a result of the potty party, I put both girls in the bathtub downstairs to get clean. I decided to clean the bathroom while they played in the tub. It's a huge bathroom so it was a VERY long bath! What a productive hour that was though.
  • Aulora needed a second bath after eating pizza for lunch. (I'm not saying she got one, just that she needed one.)
  • We went to church early since I was filling in for Sandy. I finally got smart and took the double stroller in to use. It's a big building and their classes are not close together. That was one of the smartest ideas I've had in a long time. Yea for the big stroller!
  • After church Julia got in the van first. I was getting the babies out of the stroller when she starting hollering for me. "Mommy, I've got to go potty!!!" I was panic stricken because if you know Julia you know that you don't have more than about 10 seconds to get to a potty. I searched the van for a cup but couldn't find one. I looked over and saw that Aulora was holding her sippy cup in the stroller. I ran and grabbed it and dumped the juice out but it was too late. Julia had already peed all over her booster seat. (Crud. That reminds me that it's still sitting out in the car and I have to wash it. Boo.)
  • Joshua was screaming because it was past his bedtime.
  • Julia was crying because she had to sit on the van seat with a bare bottom and it still felt wet from the wipey I used to clean it up.
  • Aulora was crying because she didn't like all the other crying.
  • John David was fake crying because he's just annoying that way.
  • I wasn't crying only because if I started I knew I might never stop!
  • We stopped at Sonic to grab dinner.
  • Julia got out of her seat belt and crawled to the way back, in the process showing everyone at Sonic her nakedness.
  • Joshua spit up on himself and me.
  • We pulled in the driveway and as I'm trying to get them all out and in the house the fancy neighbor lady walks over to talk. Julia chose that exact moment to hop out of the car naked.
  • Dinner actually went well because we were all so hungry. No good stories here.
  • The dogs pooped and peed upstairs while we were gone. Don't know why but they did.
  • Aulora sneaked out of the bedroom while we were brushing teeth and went downstairs where she climbed on the table and got a cup of sprite. It spilled all over her pajamas and the floor. I took her pj's and diaper off and set her a few feet away so I could wipe up the spill. She took that opportunity to pee on the floor.
  • FINALLY, I got them all in bed, walked out, and closed the door behind me. Now I'm here, reliving all of the crazy moments of the day. I'm not quite laughing about them yet, but I am feeling a little bit better. Sorry you had to endure this horrible long post - that's assuming that anyone is actually still reading. That's highly doubtful.......

7 comments:

  1. my goodness! i'll never complain about a 12 hour day again! lol. i still think you're the best mommy ever. i know your babies think so, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birth control for sure. Thanks, I was beginning to have thoughts that we needed one more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, have you ever thought of hiring a nanny a couple days a week! I am not joking you will still be around the kids while she is there but could help you with the mass quantity of the kids. I am not trying to be business like here but I used to be a nanny and I know that I gave that mother some great needed relief and rest. You could really use it and you also deserve it. Like I always say we were women first, wives second, and mommies third. No I am not saying that our children aren't important because they are the most precious things in the world but everyone needs a break! At lest while you have the two little ones still in diapers, that can be a task in itself! You are such a great mom and a real trooper for doing all of this this week by yourself I think that you need to celebrate father's day as it was your day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep. J definately needs to walk "a day in your shoes" - all four kids all by himself!!! lol ;)

    hang in there! this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you may not be laughing yet, but i am!! i can't wait for you guys to get here so we can share in all the excitement. did i just say that??? no, really . . . it's going to be a blast. right? it is isn't it? yes . . . it will be. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  7. After that, I'm definately sticking with one! I don't think I could ever have the skills and patience you have. You are one of the best mommies ever!

    ReplyDelete