Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 16th is finally here

June 16th is a day we've been waiting on for months now. Anything and everything that I want to do or have done has been promised to me for the day after June 16th. Why? The LSAT test is tomorrow. John has been working and studying and going to prep classes for what seems like FOREVER to prepare for this test. It's a huge thing if you're going to go to law school - as in, if you don't do well on this test, you don't go to law school, huge. And how well you do totally determines which law school you can go to. And which school you go to greatly affects your career once you're done. So you can see why this test is SO big.

I asked him tonight if he was nervous. He said no. He sat at the dining room table reading over the instructions for the day of the test again. He gathered all of his #2 pencils, his id, some other important papers, and a snack and put them all in a big ziplock bag like the instructions said. He wanted his back rubbed next. I'm not too good at that but I did my best. I hugged him really super tight and said good night as he left for his grandma's house where he's hoping to get a good, uninterrupted night's sleep. Now he's gone and I have butterflies for him. This is BIG.

Life has just been so difficult lately and this test is a big step towards where we're going - towards where we've been called to go. In one year's time we'll be packing up and starting the next big chapter of our lives. It feels like everything is and has been on hold since we moved here. Not having your own house or a job will do that to you! But once the LSAT is over we'll have a job again (law school won't start until fall of '09) and soon our own place I think.

During the month of July John will actually be interning at the court of appeals in Eastland. That's the court that's handling the Eldorado case now, so it will be great experience. He's really excited about it and it will look good on his school applications too. What's even better is that while he's doing that, the kids and I will be in Colorado with my family! Yea!!!

If he feels like he hasn't done well on the test tomorrow, he has up to 3 weeks to cancel his score without it going on his record. (They don't just take your highest score.) He would then take the test again in September. I'm really praying that he does well tomorrow - we're ready to have our daddy back!!! I am confident though. If anyone can do it, my man can.....

No comments:

Post a Comment