Friday, July 27, 2007

Angels Watching Over Us

When I was about 15 or so, my brother was wide awake in his bed, terrified as he looked out his window to see a big van parked outside our house. There were two shady looking men inside and he didn't know what they were doing. It was quite awhile before he was able to go to sleep.

During the same time, my mom awoke from a very vivid dream that my brother was being kidnapped. She got up and went to check on things. She found the front door unlocked and the security alarm not set. She took care of it all, checked on us, and went back to sleep.

The next morning, during breakfast, the two sides of the story were put together and we realized in a very real way how we are protected in life. So last night, when I got a phone call from a friend of ours in the middle of the night, I wasn't mad. He said he felt the Lord had really wanted him to drive by our house and when he did, he noticed that the dvd player was on in our van. That wasn't a big deal, but I got up immediately to check on things. The van was not locked and neither was one of the house doors. Maybe it was nothing, but you just never know when angels are protecting you from something. Whenever my kids are scared at bedtime, I remind them that Jesus and His angels are protecting us. Last night, I was reminded of that myself.....

3 comments:

  1. That's really creepy! But cool in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He gives His angels charge over you..

    Jehovah Jireh cares for you!

    I just keeps singing that song now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true....I remember when John was gone for a year to Korea, I always told my kids that angels were surrounding our home....they remember that to this day...

    ReplyDelete