Friday, July 06, 2007

Soooo Much Catching Up To Do

It's hard to keep up a blog when you're not at home, but I thought I better try to do a little or I would be overwhelmed when I get home. I'll have to add pictures later, but here are some of the highlights or our trip so far:

* We went to Elitch Gardens (the Denver 6 Flags that was just bought out). I never get sick after riding rides but I did that day. First there was the roller coaster that you ride laying down on your stomach so it feels like you're flying. Hands down the best coaster ride I've ever been on. But after that I made the mistake of getting on "The Spider" with John David and Julia. I think the ride operator got lazy and decided to just let the ride go on and on and on. Seriously, it went for FIVE very long minutes. The whole thing was spinning as well as our individual spinning arm. It was also going up and down. Poor Julia was not taking it too well either. John David loved it. I ended up shouting down to PLEASE let us off. My lunch did not stay down after that!

* The next day we drove up to Glenwood Springs. We went swimming in the HUGE hot springs and the next day we rode the lift up to the top of a mountain where there were caverns to go through, lots of activities for the kids, and a sky coaster - a roller coaster that soared down and all around the side of the mountain. You controlled your speed yourself with levers. They said it was totally safe and the car wouldn't fall off the track, but I had my doubts when I kept passing safety nets all around.

* My dad, John, John David, and I went on a nighttime rafting trip. We were hoping to see lots of wildlife with our night vision goggles but that didn't happen. There were several beavers and some ducks. Still fun though. At one point we stopped on the side and hiked up the mountain a little to see an old ghost town. John David was pretty scared at this point. He was convinced we were going to see ghosts. He survived. He was very excited (as was I!) about the promised snack at the end of the trip. They had chhese cubes, crackers, and hot chocolate. Yum!

* The next day we rented a boat and set sail on Lake Dillion with a picnic lunch.

* Dinner was at a place called Cinzetti's. I'll make this it's own post later. One of the best places to eat EVER! Sorry, there are only 2 of them - in Kansas and Denver. =(

* We saw "Surf's Up". Horrible. Boring. Yuck.

* We saw "Ratatouille". Very cute. Worth seeing!

Well, that's a good start to it all, I guess. I'll post pictures and stuff later.

2 comments:

  1. i am so glad you are having a great time. david and i are roller coaster enthusiast, so we will have to try that laying down ride. sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like an awesome time! can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete