Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm The Winner!

We just got back from the pool and, yea, nobody else has put up a post about our afternoon so I get to say whatever I want. Woohoo! =) (The other moms are probably being responsible and bathing their children or some such nonsense. I guess we know who the committed blogger is.)

Some of us met at the municipal pool at 2:00 today. It was so great to hang out with some friends and get a little sun too. I think we solved everyone's problems and even came up with a theory or two for world peace.

I noticed as I was getting out of my wet swimsuit that I have what appears to be a child sized handprint on my back. The best I can figure is that one of the kids put their hand on my back during the sunblock process. Cool, huh? I guess I can better tell how much sun my back got. =)

I took pictures, but they'll have to wait until later when I get the kids in bed. Regrettably, I did not get a video of Angela doing a handstand or upside down splits in the water. I tried but I think she was on to me and my sneaky self with a camera. Plus, some lifeguard said he saw lightning (I think he just wanted to go home early) so we had to get out of the pool early. Otherwise, we would probably still be there.

Afterwards, I almost had to call someone to rescue me with a gas can. When we got to the pool, my van said I still had 22 miles until empty. But when we left, it said I had 0 miles left. I prayed all the way to the gas station. And I want you to know that I caught every stinking red light possible. Quite the adrenaline rush.....

Pictures will be up later tonight.......

1 comment:

  1. ha..that handprint will probably be their forever. That happened to me once with sunglasses, not very pretty. Had fun today. To bad about the rain though. We are going to have the best time at the garage sale.

    I promised Neill I wouldn't post. I am only checking because I am sitting here nursing Joshua. Dedicated blogger? Maybe not so much.

    ReplyDelete