Friday, July 20, 2007

A Portrait of My Undoing

My nice, neat stack of Aulora's clothes were sitting on the trunk outside her door, waiting to be put away. I folded them during her morning nap and hadn't gotten around to actually putting them away.

Moments ago, I was rocking her for her afternoon nap. The door to her room slowly opened some and a little arm reached in and dumped all those clothes on the ground. Then the door closed just as softly. Then I could hear the happy rummaging in the dress-up trunk that was now clear of folded laundry. This is the perfect portrait of my life. I can work all day long, but the little people in my house pretty much undo everything I do. Oh, well........

2 comments:

  1. How sad, All your hard work just thrown on the floor... Maybe they knew these didn't belong there... Who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see her little arm reaching in and hear that little giggle!

    Oh how precious!

    ReplyDelete