Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sometimes I Just Need Some Draino

I've not yet gotten around to getting vacation pictures off of my camera and onto my computer. I also haven't had the time to write the post I've been creating in my mind for our anniversary we just celebrated. I'll get to those things - maybe tomorrow.

It's late, I'm tired, and I still have work to do. But I decided to take a blog break. =) I got so much done today and it feels great. Ran lots of errands and did lots of work up in the nursery at church. It's not done, but it's another step.

Yesterday, we spent the afternoon playing and visiting with Angela and the kids. It was great since we've been apart for so long. And now she's leaving me. It's just not right. How am I supposed to survive with John gone to camp, Missy gone to Florida, AND my friend gone to San Antonio??? Somebody better call me with some adult conversation or I might just go insane. Usually, when I'm alone with the kids for an extended amount of time, I just kind of sink into myself. I'm not in a bad mood. I just turn into a lonely hermit crab. It's hard to come back out. Maybe I'll have my adult conversation with Missy's hermit crabs that I'm crabsitting.

As much as I hate camp, (I hated it as a teenager too. It's just not my thing.) I wish I could go next week. But having 3 kids kind of bogs you down. It's a good kind of bogging, but bogging none the less. Sometimes, that's just how I feel about my life in general. It's bogged down. Like I need to pour in some draino. I'm naturally a very clean, organized, punctual, got-it-together kind of person.

But kids make things messy, chaotic, and they slow me down. Like, is it REALLY a big deal to go potty in the morning? Quit trying to hold it all day. Just GO!!! And so what if I gave you the spoon with the gold rim? Just USE it!!! Was it really necessary to pull down every single dvd off of the shelves? And did all the books have to go all over the bedroom? And what about toilet paper - is it that hard to just use a normal amount so the toilet won't overflow.....AGAIN? And how in the world do you make the entire shower curtain and the rod fall down just by going potty? A mystery for sure.

There's also chocolate milk on the carpet, food on the tv, handprints all over the bathroom mirror, and koolaid drips in front of the refrigerator. (hmmmm....someone drinking out of the pitcher?)

In spite of all that bogging, I love my life. I love my kids. And I love my husband for being the draino that I sometimes need. All evening, all I really wanted to do was sweep up all the cheerios on the kitchen floor that Aulora had spilled. But there wasn't time between making dinner and trying to keep Aulora from crying (she's teething, remember). My wonderful honey held Aulora and kept her happy and then, after dinner, he even swept up the cheerios for me. That small little chore meant the world to me. I could walk freely across my kitchen without looking out for tiny cheerio landmines.

Thank you, Baby. You make me smile......

3 comments:

  1. Ah! My friend, I feel the need to leave a La-sized spot in my suitcase (that I'm not packing because I'm blogging). You are motherhood defined and it just looks good on you!
    But for what it's worth, I did tell julia that you wouldn't like all those books off the shelves.... Guess what happened to our bookshelves today? Yep - they had learned a new trick!
    Tell Icabod Sweepy-sweepertons he can come spread the joy at my house if he wants...
    I will miss you,friend! Thanks for taking time out to satisfy my blog craving before I left... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your making me laugh so hard. You have just described the last week of my life.

    We can get together this coming week if you want. It will be like payback. Since A. had a get together while you were gone. Of course neither of you can pay me back because I don't see a vacation in the near future:(
    I guess when we do get to go on one...it will be that much more special. Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww La,
    Just think I wont be gone ALL week :-) just till Thursday... Or wait I can take you on as my carry on item! and you can go with to Florida :-) How does that sound? The kids can go on Aloura can be moms carry on, John-David can be my dads carry on and Julia can be T-mo's carry on! How 'bout that?

    ReplyDelete