Friday, July 20, 2007

Here We Go......





I finally downloaded all the pictures from my camera. What that means for my blog is lots of upcoming pictures and posts. These are pictures from the plane on the first day. Even though we flew, it is no easy thing to get to my parent's house. First we drove to DFW. Once we got there, we realized that Frontier Airlines does NOT have curbside check-in. That totally messed up our plans. Try having 2 adults, 3 small kids, and lots of luggage at an airport. They do not make it easy.

We ended up having to park our van for just a minute (shame on us) in the loading zone, and haul all of the luggage and our 3 kids up an escalator by OURSELVES! You should have seen it. Then while I kept the kids and moved the luggage little by little through the check-in line, John went to park the van. He made it back just in time to go through security. They made me dump all of Aulora's bottles since they were liquid. I'm sorry, but that's just not what the little video on the airport website says. Oh well. I'm sure it's really boosting their Dasani sales in the airports gift shops.

Anyway, we drove to DFW, waitied forever at the airport, waited forever in the plane to take off due to bad weather (at one point the pilot said we were number 46 for takeoff. uh, i say we should be number one but whatever), then we had to drive almost an hour to my parent's house. Bed was great that night!

**I will add that Frontier is a great airline to use. They have tv screens on the back of every seat. You can watch live direct tv during the whole flight for only $5. It's so worth it if you have kids. They sit there and watch cartoons for 2 blissful hours. =)

2 comments: