Monday, July 09, 2007

Home

I love coming to my parent's house in Colorado. It's wonderful to see them and have fun all together. Their house is very nice and roomy. We're not crowded. My bed here is more comfortable than any bed in the world, I'm pretty sure.

But there's just something about home. My own home back in good old West Texas. I'll certainly be sad when it's time to leave in a few days, but it will be overshadowed with the excitement of returning home.

I miss my little house. It's not easy keeping track of 3 busy kids in over 4,000 square feet of house spread out over 3 floors. And I need a nap after bringing an armful of laundry down from my room to the washing machine which I believe is in another time zone. At home, my laundry room is next to our bedroom. Oh, how wonderful. I was especially missing that yesterday when I had to carry Aulora and a big basketful of laundry down 2 flights of stairs at the same time. She didn't seem to appreciate riding in the basket with the laundry so I ended up just pushing the basket down the steps ahead of me. Of course, when it got to the bottom it tumpled upside down.

I also miss my husband. We are the best of friends and my world just isn't right when we're not together. A few minutes on the phone every day isn't enough. I need to sit beside him and listen to his funny jokes. I need to tickle his feet and poke my finger in his belly button. He hates that which makes it so very fun to do. =) I miss his sweet ways.

Now, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not being tortured here. Not having to go grocery shopping at Walmart with 3 little kids is nice. And not having to cook every night is even nicer. Living with my parents for a few weeks is great. And then there's the nice big bathtub I was able to enjoy last night - such a VERY rare treat.

So really, all I'm trying to say is that I love my home. I love my husband who will be there soon after I return. I miss my friends. I miss my Walmart. I miss my big beautiful trees amd the squirrels and birds that live in them. I even miss my big stinky dog that I like to complain about. I miss it all and I can't wait to get back.....

2 comments:

  1. We miss you, too! It seems like forever since I've seen you! Glad you are having a great time, though. No one pampers like mom and dad...gotta get it in when you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and we can't wait for you to be back!

    ReplyDelete