Saturday, July 14, 2007

Wow.

Wow is really all I can say. Although I've been gone for 3 weeks, along with my kids who are the main mess-makers at our house, my house has not been unused. John was still using it part of the time as well as some other guys who, for various reasons, found it necessary to sleep and camp out there at various times.

But back to my "wow". It's because when I walked in my door late last night, I was greeted by the smell of clean. My house was squeaky clean. My laundry was done and folded. There were no dishes in the sink. All the beds were neatly made with fresh sheets on them. The trash cans were emptied. The toys were picked up and the floors were vacuumed. My dog had fresh food and water.

How did this miracle occur? It was not John. He's been in Arizona all week. I did not hire a cleaning service. And I suspect that it was not left in this condition by the stinky boys who stayed here.

No, an angel named Missy took care of my house for me while I was gone. John asked her to feed Pudge while we were gone and she took it upon herself to be my personal maid! I just have to brag on her.

You will never find a more willing, hard-working teenager. She has a servant's heart. Missy is always doing things to help us, not so she can make some money. Anytime I've tried to pay her she has kindly refused. She is a wonderful person, inside and out, and she has blessed us beyond words in the time she has been a part of our group. She loves our kids as if they were her own nieces and nephew and they love her. I'm so proud of her and the woman she is becoming. Wow.

Thank you, Missy. You make me smile. =)

5 comments:

  1. Aww, Lori you are making me cry!! I really think you and your family are wonderful people. I really do enjoy being around you all! And I am really thankful for everything you and John have done for me! Anytime you need anything just let me know!!
    :-)

    As well as any of you reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there enough Missy to go around?
    I think you and Melissa are being stingy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Ms. Missy do road trips? Will she come to Indiana?? :) How special you are to have such great friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually fixing to go to Indiana!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's "fixin" missy, alicia in indiana even knows that. ha! once a texan always a texan!

    way to go missy!

    and i agree on the servants heart, i think it runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete