Saturday, September 29, 2007

John David's New Love

My son has a strange obsession. It all started when we went to Lin's Chinese Buffet a couple of weeks ago for the first time. He was ecstatic to see that there were crab legs on the buffet. So all through lunch we had to have crab legs walking around the table and trying to crawl on our arms. It was funny and amusing.

Later that day, we were all relaxing at home and I kept smelling a horrible smell. We had a guest over who was using the restroom so I figured it was coming from there. I got out the air freshner and sprayed as much as I could before the guest came out of the bathroom. It didn't help much. This smell was just GROSS.

Church was that night so we all got ready and headed up there. Afterwards, I was talking to John David's JBQ teacher about the night. She was laughing as she explained that during their practice, her husband noticed John David kept offering the other kids something to eat. Come to find out, he had tucked that crab leg in his pocket and taken it to church with him. He got hungry and proceeded to pull out crab meat to eat. I don't think his friends were very impressed as they didn't want any.

It was about that moment, as he was proudly pulling that crab leg out of his pocket to confirm his teacher's story, that I recognized the terrible smell from earlier at home. Do you realize how horribly nasty crab legs smell? Especially as they sit longer and longer at room temperature? It was so awful.

Last night we ate at Lin's again. John David put crab legs on his plate again. The crab legs tried to crawl on me again. And once again, one crab leg made its way out of the restaurant and into our van, where the stench made me sick to my stomach. He put it in the freezer and he's planning on taking it to school on Friday for show and tell. His poor, poor teacher........

7 comments:

  1. That's funny! You should check the pockets next time =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol ;) that's too stinkin' funny! (no pun intended) lol lol lol lol
    just make sure that there's no "grading" system for the show & tell.... or you just might be upgraded from a "your child's interesting" comment to a "your kid's just weird" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's not much that I can add to that...
    hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so boy! It's usually frogs in little boys pockets though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still laughing!Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cute. Looking forward to events like that. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I teased J.D. today about his crablegs. He couldn't figure out how I knew. It was pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete