Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Long Time, No Post

I know you probably thought I was dead since it had been so long since I posted. Usually, I post everyday, if not multiple times a day. Writing blogs just had to move down on my list of priorities for awhile. Too many other things to do......

I think everyone knows by now that we are moving. That's been the main reason for the hectic pace of life lately. Getting a house ready to sell, taking care of kids, preparing for a retreat, and then going on a retreat has left time for little else. But, the retreat is over (and was wonderful I might add - more on that as I have time) and as of last night, our house is officially for sale. The sign is in the yard.


The sign in sheet is on the bar. Right now it's beside a little candle, but I'm planning on getting a yummy Yankee candle today. I love Yankee! I'm already looking forward to choosing the scent. Of course, my choice is always hampered by the color. The color has to match my house.



Then there's the shower in our bathroom. I'm waiting for the plumber to return to finish one last part, but it's mostly done. I haven't cleaned it really good and shined it up since the dirty plumber will soon be standing in there again, but I'm already enjoying the new look. I really should have taken some before pictures so you could fully appreciate it too, but I was honestly too embarrassed to have anyone see what it looked like before. It wasn't pretty. And although I would have loved to have totally replaced the tub and all the tile, it didn't make sense since we were going to be moving soon. So this was a much cost friendlier alternative that looks nice. Just ignore the cloudiness of the tile. I promise - it will look awesome.


I think we currently have about 7 boxes with which to move. We did have a very large garage sale in August, but I'm still thinking we might need more than 7 boxes. I don't think that would even hold half of the toys our kids have. =) Sooooo, if anyone has boxes they don't need let me know! I'll happily take them off your hands for you. I'm trying to stay away from banana boxes as they don't have solid lids or bottoms and many boxes may have to go to storage for a time. Other than that, I'm not picky. Let the boxes flow!!!

Does anyone know how incredibly fun it's going to be to keep my house spotlessly clean with 3 kids running/crawling around? And I can't wait for that first call to come right when nap time has started and we have to get out of the house. Yes, it's going to be fun. So fun, in fact, that we're praying for an offer within a week. I felt much more confident after the group of realtors walked through a little while ago and were saying to each other how nice it was and that it shouldn't last long at all. I know my house isn't perfect, but it is nice and pretty and big. I would buy it (obviously). So there it is in type - what we are believing God to do. An offer within a week. That means by next Tuesday. Expect to see a picture of the sold sign in the yard. =)

9 comments:

  1. Wouldn't that be wonderful to get an offer so soon?! I'll be praying!

    Also, concerning candle scent/color, I just bought a Yankee candle called "Autumn Wreath" and it smells wonderful! It's a dark, dark brown color. Would that match? It's very Fall and festive and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so where ya moving to? across town or across the nation?

    ya know, since moving is my hobby, banana boxes are the ONLY way to go! They're free and they pack rather quite nicely since they're all the same size. As for going into storage, you can always pack items inside a sealed garbage or other plastic bag (with a dryer sheet- for freshness)

    Good luck with everything! I just hope you're moved & settled in before the new Sullivan arrives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the boxes we always go to walmart around 10:00p.m. when they start stocking the shelves. Generally that works out pretty well.

    Nice Tub!

    I predict the house will sell very quickly. It is a good price for the sf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do have some moving boxes and if you want them, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boxes are going up to Lubbock but if any come back I will send them your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you about your piano students. The truth is that I really want to say, yes, but I need to say no. It sounds like you had wonderful students and would love to trade some of my students that never practice for them, but I can't. I can, however, put them on a waiting list if they're interested.

    Boxes: I've got some pampers boxes if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is a steal at any price!
    I think you guys are going to be off on your greatest adventure before you even know it!
    You will be missed.
    But if John makes me his backup singer when he becomes a famous rock star - we'll call it even!
    I saw your house today and all your hard work has definitely paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house always looks great though! I have not smelled this candle, I think I might have to. When are you guys leaving?

    ReplyDelete