Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Long Time Coming


I'm super excited to say that this morning my tv was finally hung! I would say "new" tv but we've had it since December just sitting in our den, not being used. Yes, I said not being used. My brother offered several times to take it off our hands for us, but I turned him down. Isn't he so kind? We kept putting off hanging it because we were house shopping and didn't want to hang a tv in a house we were about to sell. But, we've decided to stay here in our house so up it went. I'd like to say that my extremely handy husband did it, but life is a little too busy for him right now. So I called up my favorite new handy man, Jose, and he came right over. He and his friends even put in an electric outlet behind the tv so there would be no cords hanging out. Now I just have to wait for the cable man to come hook us up.

You can look forward to pictures of me laying on my bed enjoying this new hunk of luxury. It's going to be great. =)

I have to add that this is such a far cry from where we started out in our marriage. When we first married in July of '99, we decided to not have a tv. We thought that would be best for our relationship. After a few months, a brought home my little 6 inch black and white tv from my parents' house to watch the news on. When we moved to SA, John's grandparents gave us an old color tv that was about 19 inches. We had to get basic cable so we could pick up some channels. Then a year or so later, we got a 32 inch tv for Christmas from John's parents. Along with that came the intense desire for a few more channels. We got complete basic cable. Very nice. Sometime along the way I figured out that for about the same amount of money, we could get Dish network with DVR, so we changed to that. Then last Christmas, we got this little baby. And now we're putting it in our bedroom! Something we said we'd never do! But after 8 years of marriage I think the rules change just a little.

We do have 3, almost 4, kids you know. I think the rules need to change........=)

5 comments:

  1. They say that people with no tv's have more babies. Is this going to be your new method of birth control?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving it. Looks really nice. I really don't care to get a new t.v.(the 2 we have work fine). But hubby has a different opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, Hallelujah!
    We can all breathe easier when we come to your house...
    Talk about getting hives.
    Every time my kids crawled around on that thing - I thought to myself "Stay calm, our friendship is more important to LA than a tv, our friendship is more important to La than a TV...."
    I was so sure my kids would ruin it. That's probably why we bought a new flat screen last week...

    * maybe the tv will be very effective birth control - you never know...*

    heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's just too funny.... a tv in the bedroom never stopped us ;)
    hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. La you better monitor this post close. The comments are getting out of hand! ;-)

    ReplyDelete