Monday, September 03, 2007

My Head

Yesterday morning, I used a new shampoo. It was just a shampoo and conditioner in one by Herbal Essences. All was well until yesterday afternoon. My head started itching sooo bad! It only got worse as the day went on. After church I had to go to Walmart (yea). I was afraid everyone there would think I had lice because I was scratching my head so much. At home later, I asked John to please look to make sure I didn't have lice. I didn't. Thank you, Jesus. But what is wrong with my head???

This morning I tried using a dandruff shampoo in case that was the problem. But even as I used it my head was on fire from itching. So I washed with another shampoo. A tiny bit better for a little while, but not long. As I sit here typing, the only reason I'm not scratching my head is because my fingers are otherwise engaged. I really don't know what's wrong with me though. It's almost unbearable. I may need to make a dermatologist appointment tomorrow. Help!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. You might try t-gel. I have been using it for years, before shampooing. It may help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to use it in the past because as a teenager I had seborrhea. This just seems to be more of a reaction to something. But you're right - I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smear your head with eggs and mayo. I don't know if it will actually help, but it's supposed to be miraculous in the area of hydrating your scalp and hair...
    I dunno. you might enjoy having egg salad head. Could be the new rage...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The egg salad idea sounds good to me. Then you could take a milk bath to go with it and for dessert use coconut oil to top it off!! :) Hope it feels better soon. The t-gel is a good idea. It has tar in it(sounds horrible I know) to help with the itching.
    Let me know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is also a deep scalp conditioner we used to use when i was doing hair. it was called cholesterol. we would use it if the hair or scalp was damaged after too much chemical treatment.

    use it sparingly because it is a deep conditioner. rub it into your scalp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. or seabreeze. rub it into your scalp. it will tingle alot but feel so good.

    i guess they still make that stuff.

    ReplyDelete