Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What a Day.....

Today was jammed full of too many things to try and make a post about it all. So bullet points it is.........

  • took John David to school late and had to pick him up early yesterday because he wasn't felling well
  • he still had a fever today when I woke him up for school so he stayed home.
  • Asked Julia if she was hungry yet. Did she want her ham? No, she's not hungry.
  • did some housework then took all 3 kids to Lowe's to buy new shower fixtures (I know that sounds like I'm a horrible mom but John David was still running around playing. He just had a fever so I couldn't take him to school.)
  • Julia, are you hungry yet? No, not yet.
  • came home and tried to finish the shower project. it wasn't as easy as we thought. Mr. waterman, please come turn the water back on because I can't fix it now after all.
  • Oops! Turn it off, turn it off! Valve is broken and water is spewing all over my bathroom!
  • Tracked down plumber to help
  • Found Julia hiding in the cabinet eating cereal (this was around 2:00 so I know she was really hungry). Julia, let's eat your ham bite. No! She's still not hungry. I hold her down in my lap and force feed her anyway. She finally chewed and swallowed it. Then she promptly threw it up. Gross.
  • Julia happily had breakfast. Finally.
  • Took out about 15 bags of trash. While out on our trash ledge of death, I saw that the trash men hadn't picked up all of Monday's trash and some animals had strewn it all around.
  • Plumber made the water stop spewing and showed me what to do to get the right supplies to actually complete the job (on another day - no more time now)
  • While here, plumber notices that the pipe is not correctly on the gas water heater. Carbon Monoxide is filling our garage and coming into our house. Thank you Mr. plumber for saving our lives. Seriously.
  • Locked John David and Julia in the den and taught piano lessons.
  • They escaped.
  • Took Julia to Rainbows (in the truck - no fun for many reasons)
  • Brought John David and Aulora back home.
  • Did yardwork and got eaten by mosquitoes.
  • Fixed a falling apart a moire in the kids' room.
  • Picked up Julia and was forced to have lots of church people see me looking and smelling less than desirable.
  • Got evil look from Marme for the mean blog joke I played. =)
  • Came home and fed kids pizza.
  • Got them ready for bed and tucked in.
  • That was almost 45 minutes ago. I just heard both of them in the living room. =(
  • I'm tired and grumpy and stinky. I think I'll take a shower and go to bed.

8 comments:

  1. {hug}
    {{{{{{{{{{bucket of hugs}}}}}}}}}}
    A pan of brownies for you.
    in my oven.
    When can I deliver them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve some of Ree's fried apple pie.

    You know if you wanted, I really would bring you a route 44 from sonic. I like going for a peaceful drive after the kiddios are asleep. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. m

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW! You are my role model...no seriously ask A. I am completely amazed by you. I cannot imagine being so productive with three little people and housing one in my tummy all at the same time! Since I know Mommies don't hear it often enough, " You are truly amazing and you inspire me to do more!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok i think you are truly AMAZING. i don't do that much outside the house or inside.

    you have an amazing amount of energy.

    WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the ham thing! Keep it up! I think more parents should do that with their kids. One thing we have seen too much of is kids whose parents don't parent... Go LA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have two words for you: catfish stew. it's the most disgusting thing i've ever tasted. my mom made me eat it for dinner one night, then breakfast, lunch, and dinner the next day. It happened more than once. The thing is, once I could eat that stew, I could eat anything. I still do. Maybe that's why I'm gaining so much weight...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say, I am laughing!! I read this to Micah and he said..."Poor woman..." What a day!!!

    Thanks for the laughs...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. About the ham. I raised 4 children I had to cook a verity of things because some of my kids were picky. I just couldn't bare the thought of making them eat someting they didn't like. One day my husband made our oldest son eat some velveeta cheese. I think he threw it up. I don't know if he will ever like velveeta cheese because of it. As a child I was a very pickey eater, but now I like most anything. Your appitate will change ever so often. My kids will eat things now that they hated when they were growing up. I don't think is worth the hassle to get you and the child upset over eating something they don't like. I have a daughrte-in-law that hates eggs because her grandmother made her eat them. So my dear take some this advice from an old granny. I think it will make you and your family much happier.

    ReplyDelete