Sunday, September 30, 2007

Thoughts About This Day

I haven't posted anything about today at church because it's hard to put into words all that I felt. I've procrastinated all day and now I'm tired. There's no hope of saying anything remotely eloquent now! I'll try anyway.....

It was a day full of so many emotions. I would have worn water proof mascara if I owned any, but as it was, I just had to be tough. I did pretty good. Esther made me cry as we talked about our girls and how they would miss each other. She handed me the notebook Julia was going to use when doing "school" with her little A. I remember so well moving when I was a child and how sad it always was to leave behind friends. No doubt, Julia will be fine and will probably be so excited about everything new and being there with her Gran and D that all the sad things will fade away, but it breaks my heart for her. And for her little friends. They are such a tight little bunch. I would love to see them actually grow up together. How cute would that be???

I didn't cry again until Pastor called John up to preach for the last time. That moment brought a rush of emotions. The slide show of pictures along with the music also brought tears until I realized how slow it went. That was annoying so I was able to stop crying. I for sure wasn't crying when the swimsuit calendar type picture of A and I came up on the screen. Anyone on our half of the sanctuary surely heard A exclaim, "Oh my Lord!" So thank you, Missy, for that little shock. Don't ever do that again! =)

So many people hugged us and spoke kind words. You realize just how much you care about people when you are saying goodbye to them. We were blessed beyond measure with cards and even some monetary gifts. We're so thankful for all of that. The beautiful picture Lana chose for us and the Bible were incredible too! I tried to put the picture up on my mantel but it wouldn't work. =( So it will have to wait until our next home to get hung. But I love it. And there are fresh flowers all over my house. It's probably not a bad problem to have so many flowers you're just not sure where to put them all.

It's surreal that this chapter of our lives could really be closing. Seven years is so very long and so very quick all at the same time. We've done some things great and some things horribly. You learn a lot in seven years, that's for sure.

We're so excited about the new things we get to start soon. It's an incredible feeling to know that you are smack dab in the center of what God has planned for you. The peace and joy and sheer contentment are beyond compare. I have some scriptures that have been carrying me through what has been quite the roller coaster ride lately. I'll share them in a later post.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this a special day for us. It was the perfect day that will stay a sweet memory in our hearts forever. Thank you, Lana, for taking pictures and for the beautiful gifts. We will never forget our family in San Angelo........

5 comments:

  1. Too bad you weren't the one sitting next to A on the altar at mother's day when she was 12 and a half months pregnant with J. You remember that, don't you? That would have gotten an even better response than her in a swimsuit. That's one of the only things that would get a better response though.(Worth dying for? I'm gonna find out since I mentioned it. HA!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muhaha I had to do one last thing to you before you left 0:-) (that's my angel face)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost started laughing out loud when that picture was shown.

    We were in their for about 10 minutes of the service. It was so special. You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck to ya'll! I'll be waiting to see some pix of the new place! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will definitely miss you. I realized that we didn't get to hug you on Sunday. I'm sorry. ***HUG*** ***HUG*** That's from the two of us!!!

    ReplyDelete