Saturday, September 08, 2007

Playing House

Today is our big family birthday lunch for Aulora as well as John David and Julia too. I figured it would be easier to have one big gathering for all 3 so the family wouldn't all have to make the trip 2 more times. So everyone came in last night at different times and all but John's grandmother are staying in a hotel. John David and Julia spent the night there too, so my house is super quiet this morning. It's 9:30 and I'm the only one awake. How lovely.

In preparing for this meal, I'm reminded how much fun it is to be a hostess. I think so anyway. I would do it more often if not for being so busy with kids. It's fun to set a table pretty and to make sure you've thought of every little thing. Having the house clean, dressing nicely, making yummy (hopefully!) food, and having all the family here. I feel like I'm playing house sometimes. Could I really already be this old (no comments Meems)? Growing up must have been sooo fun because the time really did just fly by. It's amazing that here I am with my own house and 3, soon to be 4, real babies to take care of. Life is just wonderful. =)

5 comments:

  1. Everything that you just described about "making sure you've thought of every little thing. Having the house clean, dressing nicely, making yummy (hopefully!) food, and having all the family here." - sounds like everything I would include in my response to the question: What do you think hell is like? :)
    You, my friend, are a very, very rare jewel in the crown of woman.
    I think God gave you to me so I could aspire to something greater.
    I hope your day is every little Martha Stewart moment you hoped for and more...
    Call me when the air clears.
    Much love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with A. about this part of your personality inspiring us to want to be better. I have come to realize how much each of us can learn from the other.

    I am grateful for you. Your mommy hood is an inspiration to me. Also your attitude. I could see my post about this same event. It wouldn't look like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great day and fun with the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do enjoy every moment you have with your family. Time passes so fast, but you can always have beautiful memories of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it must be so nice to be able to have a cool family (on both sides)so you can entertain and not worry about who's going to get into a fight with whom. ;)

    can I rent them some day? lol

    ReplyDelete