Thursday, January 03, 2008

Boring, Boring, Boring

I had my 8 moth check-up yesterday and I'm happy to say that I have nothing exciting to report. Nothing. No dilating. No contractions. No big weight gain or loss. Plenty of amniotic fluid. Etc, etc. Boring, boring, boring. But boring is exactly what I needed this time! I've had my share of early babies and unexpected, sudden c-sections. Granted, I'm still 3 1/2 weeks away from my due date and plenty could happen, but so far it hasn't. So yea!

Last night John bent over backwards to make sure we could eat wherever I wanted. He was even suggesting places he doesn't like but that I do. I was surprised but he explained that it could be the last time I got to eat at those places for a good while. I realized he was right - any day could be the last day before my little guy comes. When I went in for my 8 month check up with Aulora I had no idea that I would be holding her later that same day. Whew - that's some good incentive to make sure things are constantly in good order and caught up. Laundry done. Bathrooms clean. Beds made. Clean underwear on. All that important stuff.....

I made a big to do list this morning - some of it for John, some for me. Some things to be done today and some a little later. Anyhow, not a single thing on that list got done today even though I've been busy working all day long. Obviously, I should write down some of the things I did just so I can cross them off. That will make me feel better.

Aulora is sick today. I took her to our new pediatrician - Jesus Ucol. Insert lots of "going to meet Jesus" or "see if Jesus can make us better" jokes HERE. Anyway, he was a little wacky professor kind of strange, to say the least. Very nice, but different. She has an upper respiratory infection so she has not been very happy today. Poor baby. Daddy's about to be home with the medicine though.

Speaking of Aulora, she has learned to give kisses and it is the sweetest thing ever. I LOVE IT! What a sweet, sweet girl. Time to go give her medicine.......

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. This time of "any day" is so very exciting!

    And man, that was one blogging blitz you went on Tuesday. The christmas pictures were great! I love the little chair. And the razor just about killed me. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have 3 1/2 weeks till you see your new bundle of joy! How exciting. It feels just like yesterday you told me! Aww how exciting!

    Aulora giving kisses would be the sweetest thing ever! Aww I miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your case, boring = GREAT!!!

    Glad things are going well for you and the family. Hope Sandy is doing better.

    I need to update my blog, but it looks like we will be in the Dallas area the first week of February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my "any day" has been going on for a month now. i'm a little tired of it. =)

    maybe this time i'll be the early one and you can be right on time!!

    i'm so glad all is going well for you guys...aside from a sick child.

    ReplyDelete