Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How things are.....

After so much has happened, it's hard to know where to start with this post. I guess I'll start at the beginning and go with the flow.....

Last Friday morning we had to be at the hospital at 10:30 so they could prep me for the c-section. All the night before I was so sick and coughing violently. I REALLY did not want to reschedule anything though. From the time I got up until the time I was in the prep room at the hospital, my body felt soooo much better. I have no doubt that prayers were being said and I'm so thankful for every one of them!

The c-section this time around took longer, due to all the scar tissue they had to cut through and also because Joshua was bigger than Aulora was. He was 7 pounds and 12 ounces and Aulora was only 5 pounds and 4 ounces. Even with a spinal, I felt like a whole football team was running and jumping on my stomach and punching me. It did NOT feel good!

When they showed me Joshua for the first time it was really strange because he looked so different from all our other babies. And his hair was red! He was and is perfectly healthy and scored a 9 out of 10 on his apgar test. There weren't any complications on his part or mine. My doctor did say that we had made a very good decision to get a c-section because my uterus was in no shape to have gone through labor.

We got to come home on Sunday afternoon. I was glad to get home, especially since the a/c didn't work in our room at the hospital! I was so hot most of the time. Plus the constant in and out of all the nurses doesn't allow for much sleep.

The first night was rough since my milk hadn't come in yet. I think it was almost 5:00 before I get any sleep at all. I was crying right along with Joshua! We finally made a small bottle since we knew he was hungry. He drank just a tiny bit and then fell asleep. By the time he woke up again my milk was in! Thank you, Jesus! The last two nights have been great.

John David has been absolutely thrilled to have a baby brother and he wants to hold him every chance he gets. He's really doing a good job. Julia has been sick so she still hasn't been able to hold him. In fact, she was so sick I wasn't even allowed to be around her and that was really breaking my heart. She's well enough now that although she can't be around Joshua much, at least I can be with her now.

Aulora has taken everything incredibly well. She points at Joshua and says baby and then she likes to poke him. She hasn't been jealous at all and her behavior has been wonderful. I couldn't ask for more!

More later.......

3 comments:

  1. I had been praying for you and J's birth. I'm glad everything went well. I pray for a speedily recovery for you and a baby that sleeps through the night real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was really big for one of your babies!

    ReplyDelete