Friday, January 11, 2008

Sleeping Angel



These are a couple of pictures from Aulora's nap today. She has always been an easy baby, and I would have to say that she is still pretty angelic. Bedtime is around 8:30 (same time as John David and Julia) and she normally sleeps until close to 9:00 in the morning. Then she naps for 2-3 hours in the afternoon. I told you - angelic.

A few days ago she woke up and decided to really show off her personality, I guess. It was funny how it seemed to happen overnight. She was pointing at us and "talking" - sometimes you could actually tell what she was saying. I don't mean one word here or there. I mean whole sentences. It was comical. She was really telling us what she did NOT like. All of that lasted about 2 days and now she's back to her normal self.

She still eats baby food, takes bottles (although mostly just 3 times a day), and loves Ritz crackers, cheetos, and pizza. She acts like she wants big people food but most of the time she won't actually eat it if we offer it to her. Hopefully, she's not following in her big sister's footsteps when it comes to eating! She's wearing a solid size 12 months and sometimes an 18 months. She weighs 22 pounds and has mastered the stairs here. She can go both up and down really fast. Maybe one day I'll catch it on video since it's pretty funny to see.

She can say "Julia" very clearly and delights in calling her sister's name. She cannot say "John David" quite right and usually resorts to "Bubba". John David and Julia both get her very excited and whenever they come home or go to bed or anything else, they want to see Aulora and hug and kiss her. She usually receives love from Julia better than her brother, probably because John David is not quite as gentle and soft spoken (although, in his defense, at least he doesn't shriek Aulora's name in a super high pitched voice when he sees her - why Aulora doesn't find that annoying I'll never know).

Learning and making animal noises is a favorite thing now (she does bear, lion, and dog the best) as is playing peekaboo with towels over our faces. She pulls the towel off your face and your job is to do something really funny. It's always a game to see who can make her laugh the hardest.

I combed her hair in pigtails for the first time last Sunday and absolutely loved it. I didn't know how she could get any cuter, but I guess I figured it out! =)

Tonight, for the first time, she crawled into her baby bed all by herself. I think she climbed onto her chair and then went headfirst into her bed since the side was lowered down. She was only pleased for a minute or two and then she was fussing to get out. Funny girl.

Her favorite toys are:
1) anything Julia has
2) phones (real and working - never a toy one or an old non-working one - she knows the difference)
3) remote controls
4) dollies
5) Julia's panties. I don't know why she is obsessed with panties. I'm just thankful she only gets the clean ones and that she doesn't get mine. =)

That's all. I just wanted to record some of what my littlest baby (for now) is doing these days.....

7 comments:

  1. She is just about the most beautiful thing in the wordl. And man, you hit the baby jackpot with her! 2-3 hour naps! Wowzers.

    Okay, one thing though. Grant is three months old - he weighs just under 17 pounds. I might need to put him on a diet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with missy. I thought this baby WAS Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No J, La's kids are just munchkins.

    I had the hardest time explaining to F that this is not Julia. She didn't believe me.

    I'm just plain jealous about the nap thing. I need someone to come over and teach me how to get my kids to sleep through the night and take long naps.

    I can't believe your baby is almost here. How exciting and sad(for those of us who won't get to see said baby).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I slap you with fishes! I'm lucky if Ca sleeps 13 hrs in one full day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO funny, I had to laugh about the panties!

    I hope my baby will nap like this! I will have to look to you for tips! Thanks for sharing, I am really enjoying reading about all your little angels. Your life is so beautiful!! Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete