Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Don We Now Our Gay Apparel

Yesterday, at Target, we were checked out by a female who was most certainly not into guys. She was super nice and I had no problems with her. Julia, however, felt the need to blurt out exactly what was on her mind.

Julia: "Hey, he talks like a girl!"

Me: "Because she is a girl, you Silly Goose." (already very embarrassed by now)

Julia: (intently studying "the girl") "You need a haircut!" (What she meant was that this girl had VERY short hair and she needed a hairdo to make it long.)

Me: "She already got a haircut, Silly. I would have short hair too if Daddy liked it, but Daddy likes long hair." (insert nervous and mortified laugh here)

The checker was still nice through all of this and never missed a beat. I, on the other hand, got out of there as soon as possible. I just love moments like those.....

3 comments:

  1. They are so fun. But it sounds like you handled it very well. I just blush and somehow make it much worse, usually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have started telling Aggie jokes...
    You know,to create a diversion.
    LOL



    LOL


    LOL


    still laughing...

    ReplyDelete