Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Need a Snorkel....

......because I'm buried under mounds and mounds of outgrown kid clothes! Aaaackkkkk! I hate it when I have to do this, but at least twice a year I go through everything and sort it out. I have to determine which of the following categories everything fits into:
  • clothes to go to goodwill
  • clothes to sell on ebay
  • clothes to take to the resell shop
  • clothes to be put neatly in a labeled tub for future use by a younger sibling
  • clothes that can be hung back up and still used now
It doesn't really sound too bad when I put it like that, but it's bad. My shoulders are burning from the pure misery of it all. What makes it the hardest is that so many of my nicely organized clothes tubs are in storage. And not in the front of the storage room where I specifically told my husband to put them. No, they're are about 2 layers deep in there. I can see them and almost reach them, but not quite. If only I was Elastigirl from the Incredibles! (And by the way, if you've never seen all of my tubs you're really missing out!)

The dumbest part of all of this is that I don't really have time to be doing it. It started when I went by the storage unit and was miraculously able to reach one box of bigger clothes for Joshua. Well, of course I had to sort through and then make room. It then proceeded to turn into one of those "If you give a mouse a cookie" scenarios. My body is screaming for bed, but I sooo want to finish! I'm kind of stuck at the moment though because I don't know if the resale shop I will be using accepts all seasons or not. I hope they do because I really want to be done with it all!

1 comment:

  1. tell me when you list on ebay... we're growing like weeds over here.

    ReplyDelete