Friday, October 03, 2008

One Child....

...really makes a difference around here! Julia was with Sandy in Tulsa all week and they got back home around 6:00 tonight. Up until then, things were very calm and relatively quiet. The house was clean too.

By 6:05 everything was polar opposite. Things were strewn all over, children were hollering (some were happy, some were mad), Joshua was crying, Aulora was a Tasmanian devil with all of her big sister's newly acquired treasures, and I was hurled out of my heavenly bliss of 3 children and back down to the reality of 4.

Let me tell you - Julia has not stopped talking since she has been home. It's almost 11:00 now, and although she is in bed and should have been asleep long ago, the child is STILL talking. I can hear her in there! Poor John David was so tired he was able to fall asleep in spite of it. All evening long I found myself saying, "Shhhh. Please stop talking." Or, "Julia, you don't need to talk so loud please." Nothing worked though. The chatter remained nonstop and quite deafening.

I love my children. All of them. But honestly, I don't love everything about them. (Is that okay to say?) I do not like endless chatter - not even from adorably cute little four year old girls!

Hopefully, things will settle back down tomorrow. Please Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's a second-born thing. I have a non-stop talker who is currently 1800 miles away. The house is sooo quiet right now! I have to admit, it's kind of nice. I miss him, but there is something to be said for silence. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. I have a chatter box of my own.

    ReplyDelete