Wednesday, April 30, 2008

F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-E-D!

Aulora had her first dentist appointment scheduled for this afternoon at 1:30. It's not like we're rich or anything so we use a clinic here in town which is in a bad area but is surprisingly nice inside. We've used this place for Julia already and it was great. So at 1:15 I loaded the girls up and drove across town to get there. I filled out gobs of paperwork. I entertained children (horsey rides, reading books, playing Dora and My Little Pony, played high five, peekaboo, and who knows what else), wiped snotty noses, tried to stay awake, played with my phone, blah, blah, blah. You get the picture. We were waiting a LONG time.

Finally, at about 3:00 I went up to the counter to see about how much longer the wait would be since I needed to pick up my son soon. There had been a dental emergency and I guess they thought they didn't need to inform anyone that the wait would be lasting all of eternity. By the time the dentist was going to be available school would be out so we had to leave. Two whole hours of my day completely wasted. Grrrrrrrrr. I had to fight a foul mood all the way back across town. I also had to fight from making a mental list of ALL the things I could have done instead of sitting in a crowed waiting room with two little girls all afternoon. (Like take a nap.) Oh well. I should be thankful that my kids have teeth. Chomp chomp chomp.

1 comment:

  1. I would put waiting in a doctor's waiting room REALLY high on my list of hated things. I'm sure that only gets less appealing with each set of pitter-pattering feet.

    ReplyDelete