Saturday, April 05, 2008

She's a Chef Now

I've become keenly aware of the fact that unless Julia is sufficiently stimulated or entertained, she will find something to stimulate or entertain herself. A few days ago we found her in the dining room (the carpeted dining room I might add) stirring a big pot filled with ice cream sprinkles and water. She was about to add chocolate chips, marshmallows, raisins, and some various other ingredients. "I'm a chef!" she was happily proclaiming.

Today she got busy again. I was upstairs nursing Joshua and I thought she was playing a game downstairs. There were some suspicious noises so I called her up. She assured me that she hadn't been into anything. We went on to have issue with something else (she was going potty and when I checked on her she was sitting on the toilet eating taffy - she found it in a blue easter egg that somehow rolled behind the toilet and she was the lucky finder). Then she feel asleep for a nap and I went downstairs only to find her newest creation. There was a big colander in the corner of the kitchen with syrup and milk poured all into it. Of course it had all flowed through the holes and onto the travertine floor. Beautiful. It was also all over the table and the floor underneath. I mopped four times, I believe.

Only a year and a half before she goes to kindergarten......I can make it......I think. =)

4 comments:

  1. I must say she sounds exactly like my Jolee! Her love language is quality time and if I or Joe is not watching her she still gets into trouble! Lord help us and she is almost six yrs old! She must come over and play Jolee soon, the would be kindered spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia is becoming quite the chef. Just think, what will Aulora do while seeing Julia doing this? heehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss that girl! You can make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep. they've got u outnumbered ... and they know it! lol

    ReplyDelete