Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pink Mansion Anyone?

Earlier today I had Julia in my lap for a long discussion. I don't remember exactly how the flow of conversation went but we got on the topic of having Jesus in our hearts. I told her that Jesus was in my heart and I was going to go to heaven one day. Then I asked her if Jesus was in her heart - had she ever asked Him to come live there? Her eyes were big and she shook her head no. I asked her if she wanted to ask Him to live in her heart so she could go to heaven one day too. She immediately teared up and wrapped her arms tightly around me. I was so touched thinking we were about to have such a sweet moment together.

"I don't want to go to heaven!" she wailed. "And I don't want you to go either!" Very loud boohooboohoos followed.

"Why not, Baby? Heaven is a wonderful place! Jesus is getting it all ready for us. Don't you want to go there?"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please don't go! Don't leave me! I just want to live here in WF!!!!!!!!!!"

I sat there trying to think how to explain things to a 4 year old who is still very much affected by our recent move.

"It's ok, Julia. We aren't going there right now. The Bible says that one day Jesus is going to come and get us and take us to live with Him there. He's building our mansions right now! What color mansion do you want? Pink? Heaven is going to be so wonderful - you'll never get hurt or sick! And Granny and Papaw will be there!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want to go to heaven! Please don't leave me! I don't want you to go to heaven!"

I tried a little more but I could see that we weren't getting anywhere so I just told her I wouldn't leave her. She acts like she's got abandonment issues. All I know is I hope they don't start teaching about heaven in her preschool class at church - she might have a serious meltdown!

2 comments:

  1. ahahahahahahahahahahahaha....poop. sorry, that's pretty much the funniest thing i've read in a long time.

    ReplyDelete