Monday, April 07, 2008

Kidless Freedom

I had quite the to do list - the kind that takes days to finish with children in tow. It was one of those lists that makes you want to stay in bed and not even try.

Would you believe that I got to tackle my list with 0 children? Zero, zilch, noodle. (Veggie Tale fans will get that.) I forgot how quickly you can zoom in and out of places without kids. No big double strollers. No buckling and unbuckling car seats. No bottle/nursing breaks. No toys thrown down or messy hands to wipe (or bottoms for that matter!). It was heavenly. I was checking off those pesky to do items while my children enjoyed Chuck E Cheeses with Mimi and Daddy. Of course the littlest man stayed home with Gran.

What a great day....

6 comments:

  1. YAY!
    La got to have a day off...sort of.
    ;}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you got to do that today, every mom need a day off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. superjealous me.
    superfun for you!
    It IS amazing how much more productive we are without the (ahem) baggage - And by baggage, I mean diaper bags. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always surprised when I'm leaving the house by myself and I'm in the car, seatbelt on, car started, and the garage door is STILL GOING UP. Not having to put 2 kids in carseats saves so much time.

    ReplyDelete