Sunday, April 27, 2008

Needed: One New Sunday Afternoon Restaurant.....Pronto

We ate at our favorite Sunday hangout again today. I thought I would try just having Aulora in a booth instead of a high chair this time, but that turned out to be a mistake. She was quite the handful and kept trying to get down and run away. While we were waiting on our food, John got up to go wash his hands. Usually, there are plenty of grandmas or an aunt or uncle close by to help but not so much today. I asked him to please not leave me by myself but he said he would be right back.

He was only gone for a few seconds when Aulora decided to hop down and make a run for it. I was feeding Joshua so I couldn't run as fast as she could which was quite a problem as she rounded the corner and headed behind the serving counter and on towards the grill and fryers. I was wearing heels and, like I already mentioned, feeding a baby so I was certainly not able to race towards her in an Olympic style fashion of any sort. (Although I think what I was having to do should definitely be added to the list of events to compete in. I could win a gold medal!) She appeared to be deaf as she continued running forward with no thought to her mommy calling her in a frantic voice. I let out an "infamous" (according to my husband who was at this moment coming out of the bathroom) "STOP!" in a shrieky kind of voice and finally managed to grab her right before she got to the cook.

I'm sure it was a sight to behold. If the restaurant people didn't know us already, they certainly do now. I wonder if they'll decide to follow Chickfila's lead and be closed on Sundays from now on? =)

1 comment:

  1. lol! thanks for the visual! lol

    yep. definately yes. they have you outnumbered!! And they're exploiting it! lol

    ReplyDelete