Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why? why why why why why

Why does Julia do the things she does? She baffles me. I should have a whole blog devoted solely to the humorous (and not so humorous) things she does.

It amuses me to see my kids' beds in the morning. John David's bed covers are always neat and barely disturbed. Before he leaves his bed he wants to straighten them even more. When I tuck him in, he goes bananas if the quilt is not hanging even on both sides of the bed. Mr. My-Middle-Name -Is-Obsessive-Compulsive.

And then there's Julia's bed. It always looks as if a couple of badgers thrashed around all night. And of course there's always a million toys spread about from where she kept sneaking up the night before and getting more and more. You can usually find a water bottle (if she can't find that then she'll get the spray bottle I use on their hair), her tooth brush, an assortment of dolls and babies, wadded up pajamas because she changed during the night and whatever else she managed to sneak out and grab. Sometimes it's Gran's porcelain bird bell, sometimes my make-up. You just never know. Wow, she's a wild one.

My sister-in-law and I went to a, uhhhh, different kind of store tonight to buy a present for my friend. We laughed as we were leaving because we were picturing Julia hiding behind the couch eating this gift. Oh, my. It could totally happen. hahahaha

By the way, when I went in to check on her a few minutes ago, she was sleeping half naked. why why why........

4 comments:

  1. I can only say that I know exactly how you feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm...thank God for little boys? lol
    can't wait until she's 16!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL thats quite humorous :)
    I think that you should "let their creativity grow" :P
    i am a friend of toreys and that is how i came across your blog, quite a funny ordeal :)
    catcha later :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I am curious to as to what store this was?????? :0

    If it makes you feel any better mine always sleeps half naked, with at least 5 friends, and with us.....

    ReplyDelete