Sunday, August 17, 2008

9 Hours



that's how long until my biggest little boy starts second grade. The backpack is ready, the uniform is hanging on the door, and breakfast and lunch orders have been taken for tomorrow. (Oatmeal and toast for breakfast and a chicken nugget Luncheable for lunch in case you're wondering.) He's excited, I'm excited.

Tonight, as I was tucking him into bed and talking to him, he stuck out his freshly washed feet and asked me to "rub sweet feet". When he was a little baby, not even talking, we used to rub his feet in the car to keep him from crying. Once he started talking he would always say, "rub sweet feet!". He's never stopped doing that to this day, although now I won't always do it if he has dirty feet! But tonight, as I was holding his not so little anymore feet in my hands, we decided that we would always rub sweet feet the night before school starts. It makes this mommy really happy to imagine my grown up boy about to start his senior year of high school asking me to rub his sweet feet. And of course I will! Man, I love that little guy!

1 comment:

  1. I sat here looking at this sweet picture, remembering when he was born...

    wasn't that last year?

    cherish every moment, sweet la.

    ReplyDelete