Friday, August 15, 2008

Horrible Habit

I was blessed with my dad's lovely feet. If you've seen my feet, you know that last sentence is dripping with sarcasm. I have very long, monkey-like toes and I'm incredibly prone to callouses. The worst part of it all is that my husband has beautiful, smooth feet - with no grooming at all.

A few years ago I discovered the callous shaver-offer-thingy at Wal-Mart. I get my money's worth out of that little tool, let me tell you. The problem is that it's very difficult to only shave off callous and nothing else. In an effort to get my feet perfectly smooth and even, I often shave just a tiny bit too much. I always say I'll never do that again, but then I always do. I'm addicted!

So this afternoon, I sat there again trying to get the ever elusive smooth and callous free feet. John shook his head and asked why I was doing it again. He's seen me hobble around plenty of times so he knows what happens. As careful as I tried to be, I once more crippled myself with raw feet. They were bleeding soooo bad! I bandaged them up and carried on with my day.

After dinner, John took me by Wal-Mart to run in for some milk. I was almost to the back of the store when I suddenly realized that my foot hurt really bad. I looked down to see that my band-aid had come off and my toe was covered in blood. I did feel like I fit right in with all of the other questionable people shopping at Wal-Mart at 10:00 at night.

My feet are throbbing now so I'm going to limp to my bed and hope that I can walk again tomorrow. What a dummy I am sometimes.....

2 comments:

  1. try the Corn Huskers lotion after a bathing and then wearing footies in the house instead of going bare foot for a while. Up here in the north, my feet always soften up after the winter. It's cuz I'm not wearing sandals & going barefoot all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad i could pass along my monkey-like toes to you. please take better care of them!

    ReplyDelete