Thursday, August 28, 2008

How Embarrassing

John asked me over the phone today to send a simple reply to one of his professors at HSU. This particular professor will be giving John a letter of recommendation for law school. When he got home tonight and was checking his email he saw what I sent. The sad part is, I even reread it before sending it. (In my defense, I was tired, not feeling well, and had a million other things going on right then! Really.) Here's what I sent:

"Hi Dr. XXX,
I wouldn't be able to get there until after 4:00 today. Is tomorrow morning be a possibility? Thanks....John"

Isn't that just brilliant? We can only hope he doesn't decide to not give the letter of recommendation now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, my friend. That's all I can say, knowing your husband as well as I do. I laugh in pity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not gonna lie, I am particularly surprised about this post, because you have extremely good grammar in your blogs (even when you are tired). :)
    But isn't that how it always is, when you actually need a one sentence email to make sense, you can't do it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete