Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Unbelievable

Tonight a family came to church that had lice. Two of their kids for sure had it and the other two possibly did, not to mention the parents. The unbelievable part is that they all knew they had it. They had at least one child in every age bracket of the kids' ministry for the night. All four of my kids were near at least one of them. I had the distinct honor of being the one to tell the mom they needed to leave.

Wanna know why they came to church? Because the mom was scheduled to be one of the nursery workers. She said she didn't know what else to do. I smiled and told her that next time she could just call her team leader and they would take care of it. Extremely faithful nursery worker or incredibly dodo mom? I know what my vote is. (I like this woman, I really do, but come on!)

I felt so bad for the older girl who is in my human video group. She seemed embarrassed even though I didn't call her out and I also told her about my lice encounter last fall. Those "sneaky slice bugs", as Julia says, are embarrassing though. Poor girl.....

1 comment:

  1. Brings back sweet memories of Cootie-filled weekends... and camps... and other events.

    ReplyDelete