Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Little Quiet Time

Although I know it's going to be very, very short lived, I'm getting a few moments to myself right now. Husband already left, the three youngest are asleep, and the oldest is downstairs and quite capable of fending for himself.

Some reasons to be sad:
  • Husband is gone because he had to make an important trip to SA to help a very close friend - I stayed awake last night trying to figure out how i could go so I could see my friends. It's just not feasible when it's a day trip. 8 hours in one day with any number of kids is just not a good idea. So I'm here and he'll soon be there. =( As Julia (and I'm sure pretty much any other kid) would say, "That's not fair!"
  • I already know that I have lots of laundry - for the second day in a row. When I checked on the kids this morning, Julia was laying on top of her sheets and quilt and she was naked from the waist down. That means she wet the bed. She also wet the bed on Saturday night. It's automatically two loads when that happens because I have to do the sheets and mattress cover and then the quilt. Ughhh. This bed-wetting is not a regular thing but I'm considering some pull-ups or something. Or, I suppose she could even wear Aulora's night time diapers since they're about the same size other than height. (Actually, Aulora is bigger except for height. She's a much better eater!)
Some reasons to be happy:
  • It's only going to be 104 today and not 108. Maybe we won't bake alive.
  • We're actively in the process of finding, buying, and remodeling a house to live in. Knowing that I'll have my own house again soon, along with the fact that we're getting to pick counters and colors and floors and stuff, really makes me happy! If the time line we have in mind works out (which may or may not happen) we will move in towards the end of September.
  • School starts in less than 2 weeks! (Sorry to my teacher friends. I know this would be on your sad list, but for me it's certainly on the happy list!)
  • We're going to the library in a little while.
  • Joshua can hold his own bottle now. That makes life a lot easier!
All the kids are awake.....gotta to go!

3 comments:

  1. The you not getting to come part stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right "Thats not fair"
    On the bed wetting we tried the goodnights. I don't know why but little J was going through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete