Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Tired Mommy's Comentary on Buying School Supplies

School supplies for monkus #1 - check. (Well, almost. Target didn't have the right crayons or pencil box. Of all the things not to have.)

It's no easy thing to locate the exact pair of scissors or just the right kind of folder when your children keep asking for all kinds of other, non-related things. Or try finding the 16 count box of #2 6 sided pencils when your 4 year old is asking for 7 pink folders because they are the most beautiful color she has ever seen in her whole life. Do you see why this was difficult?

I tried to be a smart mom. I gave them little jobs, like look for the big bottle of glue that looks like this. I promised them a prize from the hot spot if they were behaved (which they pretty much were). I guess there's just something about being at the store that inspires little kids to build "houses" with big packages of paper towels and run up and down the isles playing chase.

I love buying school supplies, but I am really glad it only comes once a year. (Except for last year when we moved half-way through the year. Then we got to buy them twice! Yikes!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that brought back memories! That was my world. We practically raised my neice for a few years and she went everywhere with us. I had flashbacks of those 4 kids and me in walmart...buying school supplies. but there was no hot spot!

    I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete