Friday, August 08, 2008

I'm soooo mean....

Yesterday, Julia went with John's mom to lunch. The rest of us went out while they were gone and then we decided it was a good time for haircuts. We went by the house to get Julia, who was now home again with Gran. I ran in to tell her to come get in the car and then went back to let Gran know. She was in her room and I didn't hear anything so I thought maybe she was resting. I figured I would just leave a text message for her once I was in the car again.

That didn't happen though. The kids were having seat belt issues and we saw the blue heron bird who has taken up residence by our pond. I totally forgot to call or text. Oops.

We were almost to the hair salon when John's phone rang. Gran was crying and wanted to know where we were. I quickly told her we had Julia. I'm pretty sure that she would have beat us in that moment if it had been possible. She had been beside herself looking for Julia. Inside, outside, in the attic, around the pond....everywhere. She had called both uncles to come help look. And then she made the horrible call to tell us Julia was lost.

We felt soooo horrible. I got a stomach ache because I was so upset about it. =( We took her a Sonic drink as a peace offering and I think she forgave us. Poor Gran!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you let anything happen to my girl!! As a matter of fact, that goes for all of you! Including you and John Clay.

    ReplyDelete