Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pete and Repeat???

Oh NO!!! I just went in to check on the kids before crawling into bed myself. As soon as I walked in I smelled a really good, soapy kind of smell. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from though. Of course, my first instinct was to check all in and around Julia's bed since she's normally the culprit. Nothing unusual - except for the fact that she changed her pajama top, but I think that's just because she's quite fashion conscious and liked another top better.

I moved on to Little...... Nope, didn't think so. He's usually snoring as soon as I close the door.

On to Aulora. She was sleeping sweetly so all I needed to do was remove some of the million and one things that she likes to sleep with. (tonight that included a Dora purse, a pair of Joshua's shoes, several dolls, an empty bottle....and the list goes on.) As I was straightening her blanket my hand finally found the source of the flowery smell. A big, goopy pile of pink hand sanitizer! Arghhhh!!!

Somehow the bottle ended up in her crib. She does like to get into my purse and get it out to play with. Did she sneak it in her bed somehow? Or did Julia give it to her at some point so she would stop crying?

Or......is Julia secretly training her to be "Aulora the Destroyer"???

I'm suddenly very, very tired.....

4 comments:

  1. i love your new page!

    i've been meaning to ask you if you sell those beautiful giant head bows your girls used to wear or if you could instruct me in how to make them! let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. joshua's shoes... that's awesome.

    Lori: the people I nanny for are not clean (both messy and not clean), the first few wks I was practically showering when I got home, I couldn't stand it so much. So, while I'm there if I use something I clean it, and I would make the kids pick up their toys and things we used (which I swear they had never done). They aren't bad kids their parents just give them an "unrestricted environment"-- they parents really don't care if it's clean or not, and mostly I run the kids around from activity to activity, so I wasn't always home to clean something. If the kids were home all day I would cook for them, but never dinner for them. The mom used to be a caterer, so food is her thing. But yes, fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alora rhymes better with Dora than Julia. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete